When school is back in session, convenient dinners and satisfying snacks are essential for keeping you and your kids happy. SPAM® makes it easy with these yummy recipes to get your family through the week!
For full list of recipe ideas visit www.SPAMcanada.com
Cook Time: 30 min Serving: 4
• 8 Flour Tortillas
• 2 cans of SPAM® Classic, cut into thin strips
• 1/4 cup Pickled Red Onion, prepared
• 2 cups Green Cabbage, shredded
• 2 cups Red Cabbage, shredded
• 2 Tbsp Jalapeno, minced
• 1/4 cup Cilantro, minced
• 1/3 cup Sour Cream
• 1/3 cup Buttermilk
• 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
• 3 Tbsp Sugar
• 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
• 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 clove Garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp Ginger, minced
• 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
• Salt to taste
1. Prepare cabbage slaw by adding green cabbage, red cabbage, cilantro and jalapeño into a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the cilantro, sour cream, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, sugar, lime juice, and sugar. Toss the dressing over the cabbage mixture, until all the slaw is evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve on top of tacos.
2. Preheat wok, or griddle over medium high heat, until water tossed onto the pan or griddle sizzles and evaporates.
3. In a bowl, combine the SPAM® Classic strips, seasoning with black pepper, garlic, ginger, and sweet chili sauce. Sauté the seasoned SPAM® on the wok or griddle until the edges have become crispy and is cooked through.
4. Remove and divide amongst tortillas. Top with prepared cabbage slaw, and with a few pickled red onions. Top with additional cilantro for garnish if desired.
Cook Time: 35 min Serving: 4
• 2 cans of SPAM® Classic, diced
• 100 grams Raw Spaghetti
• 2 medium Onions, diced
• 4 cloves Garlic, minced
• 500 grams Tomato Sauce
• Parmesan Cheese as needed
• Basil leaves as garnish
• Garlic bread (optional)
1. Boil spaghetti noodles in salted water and cook according to package directions.
2. In a medium size saucepan, sauté onions and garlic. Add diced SPAM® Classic. Cook for about 10 min. Then add 500 grams of tomato sauce. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Divide cooked pasta into 4 bowls, top with SPAM® tomato sauce mixture.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, garnish with basil leaves and serve with garlic bread if desired.
One product, endless combinations. For over 80 years, SPAM® has been serving the needs of people who seek quick, delicious meals in more than 40 countries, thanks to its quality, affordability and accessibility. Made of 100 percent pork and ham, SPAM® helps you make flavourful, easy meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.