• Are you in junior or senior high and between the ages of 13 and 19 (as of September 1, 2018)?
• We are looking for 32 students with diverse interests, identities, backgrounds and perspectives from all across Alberta to participate as partners in contributing to our education system
• Are you able to commit three weekends during the school year? Meetings will be held in Edmonton in September, February and May (dates are subject to change).
• We will recruit a minimum of 24 new council members and maximum of 8 returning council members from the 2017/18 council.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2018.
• Students on the Minister’s Youth Council share their diverse student perspectives and provide input on education topics. They bring a broad range of life experiences, knowledge and skills from all types of schools across Alberta.
• The application package requires consent from your parent/guardian.
• Apply online today https://education.alberta.ca/student-engagement/online-application-form/?searchMode=3 to be a part of the Minister’s Youth Council!
• Please note: you will be prompted to sign-in using your email address.
• To apply online, you may complete the application in more than one online session. Click the “save” button to save your responses.Please save your work every 15 minutes as the system will timeout after 20 minutes. Once you complete the application, click the “submit” button to ensure that your application will be received and reviewed by Alberta Education.
• Applications that have been saved but not submitted will not be accepted for consideration.
Ethnic Media Advisor
Communications & Public Engagement