Pinoys on Parliament
Hello Mr. Velasco,
Salamat po for taking the time to speak! Below is the correct information for the article:
“Quality Care Group of Companies co-founder Kris Salumbides has been invited to speak at the National Youth Leadership Conference on February 23-24 on (1)Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
Quality Care Group of Companies co-founder Kris Salumbides (left) and Alberta Filipino Journal publisher Jun Angeles (right) with Member of Parliament Kelly McCauley during the Quality Care Group of Companies’ Christmas Party, December 22, at the Sejong Hall.
(2) The Pinoys on the Parliament Committee and the Filipino Students Association at the University of Ottawa are organizing the event in coordination (3) with the Philippine Embassy, the Canada-Philippine Interparliamentary Friendship Group, the Philippine Centre of Canada, (4) the Office of Honourable Member of Parliament, Dr. Rey Pagtakhan and the family of the late Honourable Senator Tobias Enverga Jr”
I have provided corrections below to correct what was reported. We would appreciate it if you could please make these corrections on the article to avoid misinformation.
- The event is not taking place on Parliament Hill. We have advised our delegates, speakers, and workshops of the location of the event which in close proximity to Parliament Hill. Delegates will go to Parliament Hill, however the event is taking place at a variety of spaces in downtown Ottawa.
- Members of the Filipino Students Association of the University of Ottawa are on the Pinoys on Parliament Committee. This event was started by members of the Filipino Students Association at the University of Ottawa.
- The Philippine Embassy, the Canada-Philippine Interparliamentary Friendship Group, and the Philippine Centre of Canada are supporting our event. The Pinoys on Parliament Committee is the sole organizer.
- The Office of the Honourable Dr. Rey Pagtakhan and the family of Senator Enverga are not organizing the event. The Honourable Dr. Rey is a speaker on one of our panels. Our association maintains a relationship with the late senator’s family but they are not organizing the event.
We appreciate the interest in writing about our event and understand that there could have been some confusion. However we would appreciate that moving forward should you have questions regarding the event to please reach out to us directly and we would be happy to provide you with accurate answers for what you are looking for.
Should you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at this email or at 705-868-7247.